Sunday, March 8, 2009

Love Dare Days 13-18

Day 13 : Love fights fair"If a house is divided against itself, that house will not be able to stand." Mark 3:25

Today’s Dare:
We had to come up with a list of rules to go by in fighting. We rarely fight. We disagree on things from time to time, but do not get all fired up at each other and yell and scream nasty things to each other. One of us trusts in the other and the decision is made as to which path in the fork needs to be taken.

DAY 14-Love takes delight"Enjoy life with the wife you love all the days of your fleeting life." Ecclesiastes 9:9

Today’s Dare:
We were to give up an activity we would normally do and spend quality time together. We set some time aside in the late evening to just sit and talk more than we normally do. I think there was a greater degree of connection between us from doing this.

DAY 15-Love is honorable"Live with your wives in an understanding way...and show her honor as a fellow heir of the grace of life." 1 Peter 3:7

Today’s Dare:
We were to show honor and respect to each other above and beyond the normal. My wife showed more respect to me in praising me for things. I like the praising, it made me feel appreciated more; rather than the feeling of this is your duty, deal with it feeling that I had developed.
I made myself more vocal in praising my wife for the work she puts into her homemaker role. I tend to notice things but say no praises, just criticism to the kids for messing the hard work their Mom put into the day. They have taken baby steps in being a help to their Mom instead of a hinderance. Praise the Lord!

DAY 16-Love intercedes"Beloved, I pray that in all respects you may prosper and be in good health, just as your soul prospers." 3 John 2

Today’s Dare:
We were instructed to pray for our spouse’s heart. I pray for my wife daily. She has a daunting task before her daily. She needs to be lifted up in prayer to deal with her household chores as well as the pressure of homeschooling three kids that can be very challenged at times to be well behaved and good listeners. God works wonders in my Sweetie Pie’s heart, the house looks great everyday by 2:30 in the afternoon, the kids are taught daily, they are not harmed in any way for their bad deeds that they carry out from time to time. Join us in praying for them as well.

DAY 17-Love promotes intimacy"He who covers over an offense promotes love, but whoever repeats the matter separates close friends." Proverbs 17:9

Today’s Dare:
We were to guard each others secrets and pray for them. This was not hard, I never talk about anything intimate or private about us to the guys at work, like they talk about their stuff. That is to be between husband and wife. I often get ridiculed at work for not partaking in their degradation of wives.

DAY 18-Love seeks to understand"How blessed is the man who finds wisdom, and the man who gains understanding." Proverbs 3:13

Today’s Dare:
We were to prepare a special meal for just the two of us, to get to know each other better. We have a special snack time together before bed after the kids go to bed. We discuss things then and are very well connected.

The Love dare is a great study on marriage. I realize that it is a book and do not like to read the many paragraphs that lead up to the crux of what the author is getting at, but it is a good read and is helpful in bringing to the forefront things that are needed to be worked on to strengthen marriages.

No comments:

Followers

Powered By Blogger