Friday, February 20, 2009

Love Dare from the Guys Side

God be with you all!

I will be posting here on Fridays to give you the Guys Side on my wife and my journey through the Love Dare. I really loved the movie that my sweetie pie got for us along with the Love Dare. Fireproof is really a good movie, despite the lack of big names, outside of Kirk Cameron, the story and the acting was really quite good.

Anyway, here we go, Day one is Love is Patient. "Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love."- Ephesians 4:2 NIV

The day one dare was to say nothing negative to Sweets at all. I rarely eversay anything negative about her, but I had to be concious of saying nothing negative about anything to her about other things. I found that I have a tough time saying nothing negative at all about anything. Now, the glass is half full instead of half empty. We are a work in progress.
"Everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger." - James 1:19
Day two: Love is Kind
"Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you." - Ephesians 4:32

Day two dare: In addition to saying nothing negative to your spouse again today, do at least one unexpected gesture as an act of kindness.

We did a joint effort of kindness here. We went to the "city" and purchased new furniture, our old stuff is ready to fall apart. God provided us with our tax return at just the right time. We will be able to snuggle together on the couch again. We cannot sit next to each other on our current couch.

Day three: Love is not selfish
"Be devoted to one another in brotherly love; give preference to one another in honor."- Romans 12:10
Questions in the body of the book I can answer for you
- Do I truly want what's best for my wife? Absolutely
- Do I want her to feel loved by me? Yes I do
- Do they believe I have their best interests in mind? I am the head of the house, my wife's interests are very important to me. We discuss things of interest on a regular basis.
- Do they see me looking out for myself first? I think of my wife and kids first at all times. If they are happy, I am happy.

Day three dare:
Whatever you put your time, energy, and money into will become more important to you. It's hard to care for something you are not investing in. Along with restraining from negative comments, buy your spouse something that says, " I was thinking of you today."
My wife is most important to me here on earth. We are looking forward to the furniture.

Day four: Love is thoughtful
"How precious also are your thoughts to me.... How vast is the sum of them! If I should count them, they would outnumber the sand."- Psalm 139: 17-18

I feel I am very thoughtful to my wife. She is also very thoughtful to me. We have always been very thoughtful to one another since the beginning which is October 12, 2005 which was our furst date. We had several correspondences on the computer before that. We probably would still be if it weren't for a gentle nudge to aske her out from my sweetie pie!

Day four dare:
Contact your spouse sometime during the business of the day. Have no agenda other than asking how she is doing and iuf there is anything you could do for them.

This one was easy for me. I have always called at break time to see how sweets is doing. My love for her is sincere, so obviously I am concerned for her well being.

Day five: Love is not rude
"He who blesses his friend with a loud voice in the morning, it will be reckoned a curse to him"- Proverbs 17:14
The book states these points:
1. Guard the Golden Rule. Treat your mate the same way you want to be treated. I do.
2. No double standards. Be as considerate to your spouse as you are to strangers and coworkers. I am far more considerate to my wife than I am to either of these choices. My wife is number 2, next to God.
3. Honor requests. Consider what your wife already asked you to do or not to do. If in doubt, then ask. I tend to fall short of this task at times. This one is a wirk in progress, for both of us.

Day five dare:
Ask your spouse to tell you three things that cause him or her to be uncomfortable or irritated with you. You must do so without attacking them or justifying your behavior. This is from their perspective only.

This one was a bit uncomfortable for us to do. It is hard to think of any legitimate things to bring up. Sweets does not make me irritated or uncomfortable, so all I could come up with was leaving messes on the computer desk. My wife is awesome, she doesn't irritate me, if she does; We do not hold things over and let them fester. They are taken care of and then forgotten.

No comments:

Followers

Powered By Blogger