Sunday, February 8, 2009

"The world keeps pulling"

Today is the Lord's day. I get up this morning after a good day of overtime work yesterday. The Lord provides opportunities for financial survival in this world. The Lord also provides us with awesome family members who the Lord puts in place to be there for help. Our dryer finally kicked the bucket, it was old and ready for retirement anyway, but my laundry helper learned a valuable lesson yet again on following instructions. She found out the hard way that dryer motors seize up when they are run for over 120 minutes continually for God only knows how long. This was a bit wearing on me, but I have come to an understanding that my laundry helper is headstrong and will not learn from me or her Mom, but will have to cope with failures of her own way to learn that we older people do know about things from experience. I have become expectant of things like this as I get older.
The Lord is always there to help us out. My wonderful wife blogged about our troubles with no dryer and Praise the Lord our sister in law and fellow blogger happened to catch on my wife's blog about our need to get a new dryer. She offered us an extra dryer that my brother in law and her had, that went with the washer that they graciously gave us a few years ago when we were in need again. That made me think about how the Lord uses everyone to help out His providence. Praise the Lord for my brother in law and sister in law!
Back to my post on the world pulling. In preparation for this switch of the dead dryer for the living dryer, I needed my three helpers to clean up the basement for an easy switcheroo, because my father in law was once again there to help hauling this dryer from my brother in law and sister in law's to the basement. I go down there, and my helpers never did help much at all. Not to mention that their version of cleaning the cat box was not correct, and when we went to get the old dryer out, our shoes became a bit messy, causing the whole house to be messy. A fire extinguisher went off clouding the basement, I fell over some stuff that my helpers didn't clean up before winter, dropping the dryer, then dropping it again because of my lack of coordination. I was definitely losing my cool. Things only spiraled down from there. I then realized how much all this was because of my laziness, my disobedience to God, my failure as the head of the house to get these tasks done with or without help from my helpers. I let myself get pulled down by the world, however it may have happened, I let the world pull me down. I always am preaching to my kids about not letting the world pull you in, and I did it myself. After a bit of kicking myself and a lot of personal prayer, I have dusted myself off and am pressing on. We all in the world are a work in progress. At this point, God has brought me down to a level of perspective that He wants me. I am a child of the King, but am a human like everyone else and am prone to failure. Also, I need Him to be my guide me in all I do, He knows all, I do not. I am to be in the world, not of the world. It is easy to get pulled in. I press on though!

No comments:

Followers

Powered By Blogger